The following informative notice regarding cookies policy on the site www.aldusnet.eu (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”), is supplied to the user/visitor in accordance with Section 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 (hereinafter “Personal Data Protection Code”) and for the implementation of the provision of the Italian Data Protection Authority of May 8, 2014: “Simplified Arrangements to Provide Information and Obtain Consent Regarding Cookies”.
The Site belongs to Associazione Italiana Editori (Italian Publishers Association), with registered office in Corso di Porta Romana n. 108, 20122 Milan, Italy (hereafter referred to as “AIE”), acting as the Data Controller according to the Personal Data Protection Code, as the coordinator of the ALDUS Project.
The information recorded by AIE through cookies is not used for purposes different from those described below. For further information on the processing of personal data, please read the relevant “Privacy information notice” of the Site.
What are cookies?
There are several types of cookies, depending on their features and functions, and these can remain in the user’s computer or mobile device for different periods of time: the so called session cookies, that are automatically deleted when the browser is closed; the so called persistent cookies, stored on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device until a set term.
Among technical cookies, that do not require an express consent to their use, the Italian Data Protection Authority (see gen. prov. “Simplified Arrangements to Provide Information and Obtain Consent Regarding Cookies – 8 May 2014”) also includes:
- “analytics cookies” where used directly by the website manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and on how they visit the site (on the contrary, for third-party analytics cookies, the previous consent of the user might instead be necessary: see prov. of the Italian personal data protection authority of 5 June 2015: “Elucidations concerning the implementation of cookie regulations”);
- browsing or session cookies (for authentication, to purchase something, etc.);
- functional cookies, that allow users to navigate based on a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchasing) in order to make improvements to the service offered to users.
For the so called profiling cookies, vice versa, i.e. those cookies aimed at creating users’ profiles and utilized to send ads messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation, a previous consent by the user is required.
Types of cookies used in the Site
This Site uses technical cookies and third-party analytics cookies to improve the browsing experience of the users and the contents offered, as well as to understand how users browse the site.
In particular, the Site uses:
- Technical cookies, that is to say browsing or session cookies which are strictly necessary to operate the Site and to allow users to avail themselves of the contents and services requested.
- Analytics cookies (also of third-party partners) that allow to understand how the Site is used by users. Through these cookies neither information on the user’s identity nor personal data are collected. The information is processed in aggregate and anonymous form.
- Functional cookies, used to start specific functions of the Site and a series of selected criteria (for example the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service offered.
- Third-party cookies, i.e. cookies of websites or web servers different from AIE, used for own purposes of said third parties.
In detail, the cookies present on the Site are the following:
|Name of the cookie
||Type of cookie
||Source and belonging of the cookies
||Cases in which it is used
||Access to information
||This cookie is used for tracking the language selected/used by the user
||Language selected/used by the user
||The whole site
||The whole site
||This cookie tracks how many times a visitor accesses the site, when the first and the latest visits occurred. Google Analytics uses this cookie to calculate, for example, after how many days and accesses, starting from the first access, a user completes an order.
||Third-party analytics cookies
||Accesses to the site and associated timing.
||The whole site
||AIE, Google Inc.,
For information on Google Analytics cookies click here.
For information on privacy management by Google Inc. click here.
It is possible to prevent the use of Google Analytics cookies by downloading and installing the proper add-on for the browser here.
||These two cookies work together and are used to calculate the duration of a visit. The _utmb cookie tracks the exact moment when a user accesses the site, whereas the _utmc cookie tracks the exact moment when the user leaves the site.
||Recording of the moment when the user accesses the site.
||It ends when the browser is closed
||Recording of the moment when the user leaves the site or closes the browser.
||This cookie tracks the geographic place of origin of the user, the search engine he/she has used, the keyword he/she has searched to access the site.
||Geographic area, search engine and keywords used to access the site, webpage visited earlier.
How to enable or disable cookies.
The user can allow, block or delete all cookies or some of them by means of the specific functions of his/her browsing program (the so called browser): in the event that all cookies (technical or functional, also third-party cookies) or some of them are disabled, the Site might not be accessible or some services or functions of the Site might not be available or work properly and/or the user might be compelled to modify or manually enter some pieces of information or preferences every time he/she visits the site.
The following are the links to the instructions on cookies of the main browsers:
Further information and details on the different types of cookies, as well as on their working modes and features are available on the free-access site www.AllAboutCookies.org, unrelated to AIE.
October 18, 2016.